Thursday, May 14, 2009


Prom 2009, fun times. Although the day did not start out so hot. Saturday, May 9th we held a memorial for my nephew who at 22 years old, was murdered by a drunk friend. It was the most horrible feeling to me. I am getting ready to send Daniel off into the world and I can not even fathum getting a call telling me that my son was gone. I shutter at the mere thought of that loss. Saturday night, was senior prom and I got to chaperone. I put on my formal and got to have a great time with the kids. I am so blessed to be included in his important events.... what a great kid I have!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your nephew. I definitely see how it makes your moments with Daniel all the more tender.

Imaginations said...

Couldn't ask for a better boy or a better friend..... he is truly special. Kind of bumms me out that I never had that with my folks, I think it was because by the time I came around, they were a bit burnt out of "kids" LOL but I am glad to start a new trend with my boys.. hope they all grow up to participate in the day to day stuff.. I can't regret a thing